Wednesday 18 June 2008

Paragon - had enough

Last month I had a phone call from Paragon asking to increase my payments again. After a long discussion with them I said I was really unhappy with how they are handling my account and asked what they could do about all the interest they have added. As usual they did not seem interested in discussing my account, I was told I had 2 options, increase my payments to what they wanted or send in an income and expenditure form and they would decide how much I could afford each month!.

I explained I was already paying more than I could really afford (£215 a month) and more than the original monthly payments. I asked how a £4200 debt had turned into a £13k debt (plus the £15k I have already paid) and they said they couldn't comment on the account.

After about 30 minutes I told them I wasn't going to increase my payments and hung up. I wasn't getting anywhere, they wouldn't say how much I still owed or even how much interest they are charging. They did say something about capped payments, but that has been mentioned every time they call since 2003 and nothing has ever come of it.

This month I sat and thought about it, I have already paid back the debt four times over and still owe something like £13,000. I made the decision to stop paying, what's the worst that could happen? They could take me to court and I'd get a chance to explain all of this to the court.

Today I got the dreaded call from Paragon. "we notice you haven't paid this month". Once again I had to run through my entire story, how much I have paid, how CAB agreed for the interest to be frozen. Once again I got nowhere with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paragon are like parasites. Good luck and I hope you get it sorted.